GUI-Kinect Stride: GUI 2.0
This page is where I (Julia Edwards) will track my progress with re-creating the GUI for the Kinect-Based Choreography project.
GP4 GUI Builder
The first hit when I Googled "Processing GUI" was the GP4 GUI builder tool. I have successfully (and easily) downloaded this tool from: http://www.lagers.org.uk/g4p/download.html
Tutorial videos can be found here.
This is a two-step process:
- Download the latest version (from the Google Code link at the top). Un-zip the file, put it in the Processing library folder (Documents/Processing/libraries), and install the library (in Sketch > Import Library > Add Library).
- Download the latest version of the GUI builder tool from http://code.google.com/p/g4p-gui-builder/downloads/list. Un-zip the file, put it in the Processing tools folder (Processing/tools), and install the tools (in Tools > Add Tool).
- Don't forget to restart processing after both have been installed.
To use the GUI Builder Tool, simply click on Tools > GUI Builder, and begin using the interface to customize the GUI (the code will be generated for you).
- Various bugs with GUI Tool
- If you modify the generated code AT ALL (except in the event handler methods), it messes up the GUI Builder tool.
- Re-opening an existing project is problematic. Right now, I don't know how to do it (keep getting exceptions)
- Going to abandon use of the tool and explore programming with the library directly