Formal proposal for MIDI theramin
The goal of this project is to create an interactive musical instrument that reacts to the proximity of objects or people.
- proximity readings from the sensor
- A MIDI sound created by the computer
- The data from the IR sensor will probably have to be processed before it is sent to the MIDI sequencer. The Arduino will communicate with the computer via USB.
- Arduino (provided by department)
- USB cable (provided by department)
- IR sensor: Sharp GP2Y0A02YK (cost: $12.50)
- breadboard, wires, resistors (provided by department?)
- Mixx MIDI sequencing program (free)
Total cost: $12.50 (does not take shipping into account)
--Thiebaut 00:31, 11 November 2008 (UTC)