CSC220 Assignments 2010
Assignments for 12/8/10
- K+M: goal:
- animated track. animation done as in hw 8.
- working on reloadable hw 7 form
- A+E: goal:
- work on displaying many tracks
- need to modify sketch
- work on making form robust
- Question: will the project use an image of the compus map? Current answer: "not sure"
- Team meeting Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
Julia+Kristjan Team, now christened Team RAIN
- (Julia missing)
- uses Hw 6 code
- display different tracks
- option page for picking different tracks: needs to be implemented for next Wed., but not necessarily functional.
- Action Item for the team: setup a meeting time before next Wed.
Alex + Betsy Team
- Work on intersection of tracks.
- Defined 13 feet as max distance needed for intersection.
- Agreed that there are several ways to process tracks and discover intersections: math approach, and programming approach.
- In a first step, team will use programming approach. Two for-loops for going through points of Track A and Track B and see if any of the points of A are less than 13 ft away from points of B.
- Goal for next week:
- read kml files (probably two is sufficient)
- add extra points to file if necessary
- find 1 intersection point, or none
- algorithm works on the fly, on-line.
- algorithm might look something like:
- 2 tracks are picked from the database, or are hard-coded in the program (not important) (php)
- the 2 tracks are preprocessed (new points added) (php)
- Intersection point is found (just 1 sufficient)
- sketch show tracks and intersection
- generate random paths using 2 tracks and intersection point. New paths are shown in different colors.
- Meeting on Friday at 2:30 p.m.
- Currently done
- can read multiple kml files into sketch
- need to specify file names in sketch
- Lindsey + RB working on form (recommended use of $_SESSION array).
- Julia P. working on Wiki
- Goal for next week (12/8)
- get form working, and at least allow to pick major and get display of tracks of majors
- change kml data
- add new field of just latitude, longitude, [time]
- extract the date from the kml and store it in the data field of the SQL kmldata table
- all integrated
- will look at synchronizing the tracks so that they may not start at the same time.